1. Walk in who you are…and walk in Whose you are. Be yourself–not to fulfill someone’s expectations, but to fulfill God’s purpose for your life. And if you are God’s, then remember to walk in a way that brings Him glory.
2. Throw the Baggage Out–carrying grudges and holding a list of wrongs done to you only serves to hurt you and no one else. Sometimes (and often) you need to give others a clean slate. YES, walk in wisdom with them, but FORGIVE them, too. (And on that note, forgive yourself, too…for times you think God cannot forgive. He can and He will!)
3. Marriage is not 50% 50%–it’s 100% 100%. People don’t keep score fairly anyway. So give your best to your spouse, no matter who did what. The same applies in work environments and at home. Just give your best….and trust God to work out the rest.
4. Lay out your expectations to others…what you expect. AND be forthright with them, too, about what they can expect from you. Unmet expectations and unspoken ones bring so much stress. Just let people know…and perhaps it will still not be to your liking, but at least you have the freedom of walking forward in it. You cannot control others’ perceptions of what they hear or how they take in what is said or done, but you have access to a BIG God, who is a Way Maker. Give your worries and concerns to Him! He is able to make all things come together.
5. Hope is something to hold onto in every circumstance. Do not ever give up hope.
6. The small changes you make today will add up over time. Just KEEP GOING. As my friend said, keep putting your feet on the cold floor every day and getting up. I liked that thought so much. Do the thing!
7. You become like those you hang around with, so be wise in the choosing of friends and partnerships. It will impact you greatly.
8. You may feel helpless, but when all is said and done, you get to choose the way you think. So how you think? Well, it matters.
9. Your life matters. How you live–and how your treat others–makes a wave of impact. So live it on purpose.
10. How you spend your time is a reflection of what you prioritize. So how are you spending time today? Does it line up with what really matters to you?
11. You can live without facebook, a smart phone, television and so many other things, but you cannot live without a daily, personal relationship with the Living Lord. So today, I ask you…do you know Jesus? Do you want to know Him more? Begin today with a daily plan to be in God’s Word. And be intentional to spend time with Jesus in prayer every day.
12. It is okay to fail. It is okay to fail often even. It is not okay to give up. So keep pressing on with me into 2015, okay?
13. You may think you know what is what and have wisdom, insight and understanding…but sometimes? Well sometimes, you are wrong. Maybe you have given up on something that seemed like God was saying No. Maybe He didn’t say that at all. Maybe you need to try again…even when it smarts in pain a bit.
14. A little humility goes a LONG way!
God will make all things abound to you, if you trust Him to be the one setting the pace. Walk with me then? Let’s go!